Saturday, December 26, 2009

stuff in my head....

As the new year fast approaches..I usually take this time to reflect on the past year and all it meant to me. 2009 brought me some amazing gifts and some incredible challenges. I hope that I've learned the lessons that they imparted.

In November of 2008 I joined a singles group- Plenty Of fish...Yeah...Yeah..I know..*rolls eyes* but...just that one simple act of lunacy has brought me so much joy, I can't even tell you.

I met my best friend, Mark(thanks for being there...so many times...to remind me that yes...we can be neurotic...but ONLY WITH EACH OTHER..NO ONE ELSE...that way everyone THINKS we're normal!!) I met a Chef with the heart of a poet, who taught me that compassion and passion are not mutually exclusive. I met some very strong, independent women all of whom taught me about the kind of woman that I am trying very hard to be. I learned to take chances and go places and do things...ALONE. Knowing that when I got to wherever it was I was going....I'd have friends waiting for me...even if I just met them. I learned that Mapquest is my friend....and my enemy.

I've learned over this past year that opening your heart to people....and being vulnerable to feelings doesnt make you weak...it makes you stronger. Taking chances isn't foolish(if you're careful about the chances) it's bravery in it's highest form. To look out over the water....and dive in.

If we Never leave our comfort zones...if we stay only in familiar places..among familiar things...we never meet new people..or experience new things. We never will hurt..or know fear..or pain...but we will never know joy, or passion, or maybe...even love.

Sooo on this new year....I am so thankful for all the lessons I've learned...and I look forward to what this next year will bring me. A motorcycle license? a relationship with a man other than the furry one(Boo) that purrs beside me each night? maybe some travel to unfamiliar places? I don't know....but...I'm looking forward to it.

Sometimes...it's all about taking the leap of faith...and building your wings on the way down. ~~~Leaping~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful Icaran reference about leaping and building your wings on the way down...then up, up and away into the fifth dimension. Soar on, Vampirixn.