Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Moving Forward....


Ever wonder why your car's front window is huge and your rearview mirror isn't? Because what's ahead is way more important than what's already behind you.

Usually, around this time of year I get all sentimental and retrospective and set goals for the coming year and tell you what I plan on doing....well, in the interest of shaking things up, I think I'm going to tell you what I WON'T be doing in the coming year.

I WON'T be doing any skydiving. The theory being, if at first you don't succeed...maybe skydiving isn't your sport. Since I'm the kind of person that needs to LEARN things and it usually takes me a couple tries before I get it right, I don't think there's a huge learning curve on this sport....so I will be passing on that.

I WON'T be swimming with sharks. One word- BITEY.

I WON'T be eating liver. I try not to consume anything that looks like it would be appetizing to a zombie. Just a 'thing' of mine.

Not gonna be doing any backpacking through the Himalayas. I don't know if there really IS an abominable snowman..but I'm not gonna take a chance on it.

I promise NOT to miss mom on days that don't end in Y. In that same vein, I will try NOT to look at the clock every day at 2pm and expect a phone call.

I will NOT be living my life in fear of what MIGHT happen.

I will NOT pass up the chance to randomly dance in parking lots, irritate other people with my insane knowledge of silly trivia, act immature, kiss under a full moon, or take a motorcycle ride up the river road ON MY OWN MOTORCYCLE!! : )

In short, I'm gonna be looking forward...not backwards. There will be no dwelling on what was or could have been. There will be...what is..and what could be.

It's a whole new year, I had my fill of sorrow in 2010, there won't be anymore of that in 2011. NOT if I have anything to do with it.

No comments: