Sunday, January 17, 2010

this is why......

Sometimes when I tell people that I "blog", well, I get some very strange looks. I can see what these people are thinking..."she LOOKS sane.....but...." I know that it doesn't seem to be a very worthwhile pursuit. What could I possibly get out of this? Telling the world my most private thoughts...my dreams..my aspirations. I've dumped so much stuff out here...all the contents of my brain at any given moment. You always wonder if anyone is really reading this stuff or if it's just taking up valuable(yeah..right) cyberspace.

I recently got an answer. A few days ago...I got a call. This person who had been having a rather tough few months wanted to thank me. ME!! Can you believe it?? I was speechless..WHAT did I do?? How did I do anything?? All I did was scribble down a few musings...give some thanks where I felt it was due. In examining my own life,this person saw something of themselves in something of mine. It caused them to re-evaluate and make changes. Just that small step set them on the path to their dreams. It means so much when someone tells you that you make a difference, that you're NOT nuts, there is a rhyme and a reason for what you do.

There are people in our lives who make a difference. Every day. It's never too late to tell someone that they make a difference in your life. It's never too late to inspire someone without even trying. Never.

No comments: