Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Bike 5/19/07

Saturday, May 19, 2007
The bike

One thing you don't know about me....I LOVE to ride motorcycles. I know what you're thinking. DANGEROUS. You're right. They can be, in the hands of a careless driver. However, there is nothing more wonderful then riding down the Great River Road along the mississippi river on the night of the full moon in the Autumn. mmmmm.. I LOVE that.

My dad recently bought a new Honda Goldwing. I know...I know..its SO not a Harley. It is however a sleek, beautiful machine. One day I will learn to drive it. I will learn to be the driver of a motorcycle.

I won't be the passenger, I will be the driver. He won't let me drive his while he's alive. "It's too much for you to handle, your step-brother is getting it when I'm gone."
That could be true, but I don't think so. Someday, hopefully, far in the future. When dad is gone, I will go to my step-brother and make one request.

Dad's bike. For a trip. Just me....the bike, my digital camera and my laptop. For a week. My way of saying goodbye to dad. MY way of letting go. My way of making dad proud. I will document the journey and write an article about it. It will be published. Dad would love that.


(Author's note....I'm taking a motorcycle class in October 2009- at the end of the 3 day session..I will have my motorcycle license)

No comments: