Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sober 6/16/07


Saturday, June 16, 2007
Sober

It's not a secret that I am a mother of two children. I have an amazing 20 year old daughter and a (soon to be) 14 year old son. Let's talk about my girl for a moment. She's beautiful and intelligent and funny and stronger than even she knows.

To have had any part in bringing her up to be the person that she is right now is a huge source of pride to me. She has her own opinions(on EVERYTHING *grin) and she's not afraid to stand up for herself or a friend if need be. She's going through something recently that only she can go through.

As a parent, its very hard to watch your kids be sad or hurt, but you have to do it, because in life the lessons you learn often come with the pain of learning them. When the lesson is over, you come out stronger than you ever thought you were, and better than you knew you could be.

She's NOT a drunk by the way..*laugh* I just like these words and SOBER can just mean serious or thoughtful... These lyrics are by Kelly Clarkson. This song really touched me, and I thought they could apply here.

Sober- Kelly Clarkson
and I don't know, this could break my heart or save me
Nothing's real until you let go completely. So here I go, with all my thoughts I've been saving,
so here I go with all my fears weighing on me.

Three months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds forget the flowers.
and I don't know....I could crash and burn, but maybe at the end of this road I might catch a glimpse of me

Three months and I'm still breathing, been a long road since those hands I left my tears in, but I know its never really over...noooo

three months and i'm still standing here...three months and I'm getting over you...three months , three months I hurt...three months and I'm still breathing...three months and I'm still remembering...three months and wait....oh

three months and I'm still sober....picked all my weeds but kept the flowers

No comments: