Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Seeing Red 7/07

Seeing Red
Current mood: creative

Vermilion, crimson, candy apple, torrid, call it by any name....it's still red. The color of love and passion. To be extremely angry is to "see red".I was never the kind of woman to wear red.

It's too bold, it draws the eye to the wearer. Black, brown, blue, green, white....the colors of earth and sky are more my style. I blend. I don't stand out. Until I saw that dress....Red. Definitely a bold statement. NOT for the timid, nor the shy.

Like water the layers of chiffon and silk glide over my skin. Skimming the curves that my life has been spent hiding.. It is perfect. A low sweetheart neckline like a dress from a 1940's musical.

The deep color of the forbidden shade makes my skin seem almost luminous. Yes.
I will wear this dress and I will dance. The skirt will float around my legs and the sleeves will shimmer along my arms.

The soft breeze making the fabric move as I move. As if the very dress itself were joining in on the dance. Never again hiding. Not afraid. I will draw all eyes and they will stare....and then laugh.

Watching the woman who dances with such great abandon...in the beautiful red dress...in the rain

No comments: