Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dance with me. 10/3/07

Dance With Me
Current mood: flirty
Have you been at a wedding...or a club and seen a couple dancing and you wished that you moved that well?They seem to anticipate each other's moves. They almost seem to be the same person. Ha. Welcome to my life. As a card carrying member of KLUTZ anonymous I've spent the better part of my life 1. Avoiding dancing with a partner and 2. Trying NOT to cripple any partner that I would have.

During my early marriage there was dancing...and..it was NOT pretty. It was really more like creative leaning. You know? He was a pretty good dancer, but...I never really learned how to follow. Kind of the theme of our life together. I never really learned how to follow. hmmmm.
Anyway. Sometime early in my courtship with bachelor #2 we were attending a wedding. I was terrified. I knew that dancing would be involved and I had NO idea how it was going to go over. Plus, most klutzes(myself included) try to avoid high heels at all costs. Too dangerous. I was in heels. "This should be interesting." I thought.

When it came time for the reception....the big moment arrived. He just grabbed me and headed to the dance floor. It was a big band-type swing number. HORRORS. He started turning me and twirling me and before I even knew what happened. I was following. It may have been classified as a miracle...I'm not sure. I need to check with the Vatican on that.

When he moved, I moved. When he swayed, I swayed. It was like...we anticipated each others moves. We were like one really graceful person. I have never danced with anyone like that in my life. If I dance with another person in my lifetime, I'm not sure I would "fit".

At some time during the dance, I had stopped thinking about it, and simply moved with him. "Don't think, just move" He whispered. Instead of fighting it. I did.

Now, theres something to think about. Next time you see two people together and they don't seem to "fit". You just have to consider. "Maybe, they know each other's moves."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you dance rather well... I still have all my toes and no broken ankle! (Hugs n Kisses)