Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Turn 11/3/07

My Turn

Current mood: cranky

I woke up in the most horrible mood the other day. So tired of the day to day grind. Get up, go to work, come home, laundry, dinner...yada..yada..yada. I thought about it and realized....I've been in the work force for 25 years. Let me say that again. 25 FREAKING years.

In that time, I've taken very few vacations and the only real length of time where I was not working was the six weeks following the birth of each of my children. Basically....I've had.......6 months off...in 25 years.

I've spent all this time....doing WHAT? Making humanity safe for checkbooks everywhere?? Helping others(ex husband number 1...present husband) achieve their dreams (Truck Driver, Educator) respectively and...where did MY dreams go?

What was it that I wanted to be? When will it be my turn to be the one taken care of instead of the one taking care? How long does a person wait to find their bliss? When is it too late?
Has it already happened? Is "too late" already here?

No comments: