Sunday, August 16, 2009

The New Year 12/08

Current mood: luminous

I am usually dead-set against this....*sigh* but here I am, doing it anyway.

I REFUSE to call them resolutions, I will be calling them goals.

I'm going to be more open to the universe and all its possibilities.

I'm going to work really hard and get good grades because I have a bunch of people who are really proud of me and I want to give them good reason.

I'm not going to obsess about "what might have been" and focus instead on "WHAT IS." This time, this moment is all we have. Make the most of it. It won't come again.

I'm not going to search for happiness through material things. Yeah, a brand new shiny this or that would be nice...but it won't feed my soul and if the happiness isn't within me, it won't bring it to the surface.

I'm not going to be afraid of rejection. What's the worst that could happen? Someone doesn't like me? Um...I'll survive. I swear.

The word "spontaneous" is not a dirty word. I need to do more of that. Sometimes NOT thinking things through is a great adventure.

I'm not going to get myself so tangled up in someone else's life that I forget my own spirit or dreams.

I'm going to try sushi.(no....actually..I probably won't..but it looked good in print, didn't it?)

2009 is going to be a great year. I can feel it, it's getting closer...and it looks glorious.

No comments: